Just read a post from Danielle Laporte that’s inspired me to write my own. She wrote about things she is giving up. It’s never a bad time to let go of what you don’t need, especially now given the solar eclipse has just happened. I’m not an expert on astrological events by any means, but apparently the energies are strong right now, and the time is ripe to let go of the old and start anew.
So here we go.
I declare my intentions to let go of:
– How I often feel the need to put others ahead of myself. My need to please people. Sure, others’ opinions do matter and others’ time is precious, but for me, no one’s opinions or time should be as precious as my own. I let go of not prioritizing myself. I let go of trying to squeeze time in for everyone else. I resolve to make time for ME.
– Along the same lines, feeling the need to sugarcoat things for others to not hurt their feelings. No. We are all human. We are resilient. We can handle disappointment. We can handle pain. I will speak my truth, and not hide or back away just because I am afraid of causing someone else discomfort.
– This guard I’ve learned to put up. Boundaries are important, but not when they prevent you from living fully, loving fully, from connecting with others, even strangers.
– Self-doubt. This is a big one. I let go of putting myself down. I let go of thinking I’m not good enough. I so am – if I don’t see it, then I’m just looking at things from the wrong perspective. I so am, and so is everybody else. We are all complete, innately joyful, abundant human beings.
– Shame about my past. What happened happened, and it’s made me a stronger person. It’s made me more aware, compassionate, and understanding of myself and others.
– SHOULDS. I let go of shoulds. I will embrace WANTS and DESIRES, even NEEDS, but I will let go of SHOULDS.
– Any preconceptions, however I inherited them, of who I am supposed to be and what I’m supposed to do. I set myself free from expectations.
As Anais Nin said, “There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
Time to blossom!
One thought on “Letting Go”
Thank you Joanne! Thanks for this beautiful reminder of what we all should let go of. Here’s to blossoming 🌸🌸🌸